I enjoyed my last cat transformation project so much I went back to the charity shop and got the other 2 cats from the set. To be honest I felt bad about leaving them anyway :p
I decided to start on the biggest one of the kitties and do a newspaper type collage on him. But instead of using Newspaper I ripped up the pages of a book, as the pages where had a more old/ yellowish look where as the newspaper was a bit to white for my liking.
I went into town to get some Mod Podge, but it was a bit too pricey for me, so I grabbed some PVA glue and used the homemade Mod Podge recipe from the Lulastic blog (here). It has worked perfectly! And saved me £5!
This time I was lazy and didn’t sand down the cat figure first. I ‘painted’ the area that I wanted to stick the paper on first, then pressed down the paper on to the cat and gave it a top layer coat of my homemade Mod Podge.
Once all the layers where stuck down and dried I added a couple of final coats of satin varnish.
And a final pic of Lil Jim checking him out!